Wednesday, June 19, 2013

::BABY:: Parklon Space Folder

I have been thinking about getting a playmat for D for the longest time. Mainly because most babies outgrow the products' useful lives too quickly and I was afraid the playmat might just end up in storage in a couple of months. And also, D was sitting pretty sturdily by his 7th month that I had no worries he would need a cushioned ground to fall back on.
 
But by the 8th month, he still wasn't crawling. I noticed his crawling style was the crocodile type rather than the doggy type. And our hard floor wasn't that conducive for such style of crawling. So in order to facilitate his crawling milestone, I decided it was time to get him a playmat!
 
Got him the Parklon Space Folder after doing some research.
 
1. Foldable
Unlike the rollout kind, this will be easier to stash and store on a daily basis. Very important for our limited living space!
 
2. Simple block colors!
I like that it came in 4 simple colours instead of having prints. Prior to this, I was actually having a hard time sieving through the mickey mouses, school buses, winnie the poohs with alphabets, numbers or steps and ladders for a simple and soothing print. Good thing I took so long to decide because the space folder just became available not too long ago! :)
 
3. 40mm thickness!
The rollout kinds are all in the range of 15mm thickness. More cushioning! I foresee a longer useful life for this one as it can take D through some gymnastic stunts like forward rolls and backward rolls, maybe even headstands and mini cartwheels ;) That's what they do in primary schools, don't they?!
 
I don't even rollout my yoga mat nowadays...It's like a free for all mat in our house now (see point #4)
 
4. One mat, many uses!
Because the mat is jointed, it can be folded and used in several ways. Got these from the website!
 
Here's D hanging out on his playmat!
 
He has since mastered the art of crawling with the backside - it doesn't look anywhere like a crawl but in the parental dictionary, there are 3 kinds of crawl and the backside crawl is one of them.
Or so I have learnt because our parents exclaimed,"OH!他是用屁股爬的啊!"
 
So there. Our latest baby gadget.
The Parklon Space Folder.
Size: 2000 x 1600 x 40
Price: $218

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails