Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kuching Cat Museum

Decided to venture out of the The Spring, the familiar shopping mall that I always spend my weekends in during biz trips here. Kuching is a Cat City - you will see many cats' monuments along the road to the waterfront. I havent found out what is The Cats' significance to the Kuching history like what The Merlion is to Singapore history.

Anyway, there are no cats on the streets of Kuching. 

Paid RM25 for a one-way trip to The Cat Museum. It's located somewhere on a hill and it's tough to get taxis back from there. The kind driver offered to wait for me for an hour. I just had to pay him RM50, two-way. The metre starts at RM10, noone ons the metre anyway, except for a Singapore driver I met on Sunday (that's a true Singaporean alright! we are always so law-abiding!) An hour's enough to tour the exhibits in the museum :) Admission is free but charges apply if you are bringing in camera. I paid RM4 to use my digicam.

It's just a small museum with alot of cats' figurines, pictures, jigsaw puzzles and toys.
Some of my favorites:

Teacup kitty

THIS. will save alot of marriage quarrels. I think so ;p

So sweet!

The kind driver helped me take photos :) And later talked politics with me :)

And here lies the pussy named dick..
R.I.P

I hope he rests in peace

**THE END**

I was really bored and I didnt do enough planning for the trip. Plus I am all alone and friendless here :( That leaves me with nothing much to do for leisure. And yet I am skeptical when someone wanted to bring me out on a Saturday. It really isnt that safe for a girl to roam around by herself. And not that safe either to go out with a guy you barely know. So HAPPY HOUR, kayak-to-see-dolphins and orangutans in nature reserve, I ll get to you when I feel safe and settled enough next time!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails