Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bad news

My assistant called, post office hours, with the following bad newssss to end my early day:

1) A change in major shareholder post year end.

2) YE has been shifted to May and there is quarterly reporting requirements. I am now doing Dec audit and the progress is slow.

3) The Group FA is serving notice (why didn't he tell me earlier????!!!) and I need his help to give me the consol + Group cash flow and I am talking about > 30 overseas subsidiaries???

4) An Indian GAAP needs to be performed to compare how indian standards are different from our local standards.

5) My team cannot give me anything to review cos finance team is busy consolidating the mannnnnnny subsidiaries' books.

These, on top of my bad news early this morn from the payroll staff who was on maternity leave. She will only be coming back next wed and will only let us see her payroll records for ONE day.

Naturally, while telling all these to D on my train back earlier, the tears rolled. But there was no sniffling. Wonders if he caught that.

We met for a run (after a zillion years) and a quick dinner after learning tt his couple-marathon-frens have started training and are bonding their love through exercising! haha :) tts a lousy excuse. We both just need to burn off the extra fats.. I m gona be a bridesmaid in 3 weeks. *gosh*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails