Thursday, September 12, 2013

::KITCHEN GODDESS:: The Need to Bake

Once in a blue moon, the heart feels a dire need to let out something creative - to create love, bliss or beauty. I find these sudden bursts of needs being addressed best in the form of shopping or in the kitchen, and in the past it used to be on the nails.

This was my proudest creation Cake pops. I was actually planning to do another batch in minion forms this week, but didn't get down to buying all the ingredients. The last time we did this, we scouted many places in order to get them.

I was very inspired to do a pumpkin bread last week after tasting one some time back. Having a kiddo makes you appreciate and take note of all these healthy little treats! I googled for a recipe. However, a Japanese green pumpkin was hard to get in a neighbourhood supermarket. Since I was already in a baking mood that weekend, I found an easier recipe in the same blog Cosybake: Butter cakes! (Original recipe from Littleteochew ) Just nice! D didn't quite like the twiggies I bought for him earlier (cos I think they were too sweet!)

So using the recipe from there, I further cut the sugar to 150gm (and still found it too sweet! Will cut by half again next time).

Since I had some of these cupcake cases in stock, I decided to make them into cupcake sizes. Recipe makes about 15 cases.
 
I had D at my MIL for a few hours so I could make these in peace!
Imagine the amount of mummy-guilt laiden time off I need to take if I were to create + hit my classes every weekend! The woes of being mummy!
Sometimes, I wonder how the other mamas cope!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails