Thursday, September 12, 2013

::CONFESSION:: Finding Time to Stay Active

I will come clean about this.
I have weight issues. Never expected myself to have to say this, since I am not one who puts on weight that easily. But the last bit of the pregnancy weight just refused to go off!
I attribute it to many factors post birth.
#1 was the highly nutritious and big meals I had consecutively for 30 days while I did my confinement. Each meal consisted of a fish, a meat, a veg, a soup (usually with meat too!) and rice. And each day, I take at least 2 naps because I was just sooooo tired and super in need of a recharge for milk production! I am pretty sure that continuous bingeing and laid-back lifestyle contributed to some stubborn excess deposits.
 
#2 was the lack of exercise I desperately needed to kick off some metabolism during the initial few months because I was nursing a bloody stitch somewhere O_o
 
#3 was the lack of exercise thereafter because I was the primary caregiver to D, plus I was still nursing and it felt odd to let my baby drink milk that might contain lactic acid. And it was a waste to throw away my very precious output!
 
#4 was the lack of time for exercise thereafter when D started to get really clingy, and as we try to settle ourselves into some sort of after work routine that leaves no time for an evening run. And plus some personal inertia la.
 
So basically, I didn't have many chance to GET ACTIVE! I never believed in dieting or diet pills. But as a last resort, I tried to get my doctor to give me some pills to kick start the whole weight loss process. Yet she refused and told me to give myself some time and try to do some exercise! So for a month after I went to her, I worked hard. I hit the gym 2x a week during lunchtime. Then we went BKK. And we hit the gym + pool daily. I went back to her a month later for fats analysis and was very happy that they went down by 5% point! BUT the weight still remained the same! :(
 
Sometime in August, girlfriends wanted to go on the trail. I felt a bit guilty about leaving D behind while I went out on my own. But I did it anyway. I need to manage these mummy-guilt if I want to start getting active! 
 Those extra 4kgs. Seen. Right. Here!
 
My gym membership is expiring this week.
And after much consideration, I think I will extend it again just so I can still get some workouts done during lunchtime. It doesn't work out economically now that I cant attend classes and am just using the machines for that hour slot. But at least it gets something going for the body. I am looking at some form of child deposit so I can attend a class or 2 over the weekend.
 
Here is that 4 kg in a more compact situation (posture la). It actually doesn't look so bad if I stand properly... But so far 3 colleagues have asked if I am expecting #2 -_-"
Please let my belly fats grow into the ass.
Let's hope I can show some transformation pics sooooooooooon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails