Thursday, May 16, 2013

::BABY:: Mother's Day Celebration

Dear D,

Mother's day came extremely early for me! We woke up to a feverish you on Friday morning and decided what better than to take a day's leave than to send you off to the gramps home! There are many things we do that are frowned upon by your gramps and so, this becomes our little secret. A Friday pre-mother's day rendezvous. We figured since your fever has already subsided by noon and I brought out the thermometer and the paracetamol just to keep things in check.

You looked happy hanging out at Andersens with me while waiting for papa.

This month, you are supposed to finally understand that we belong to separate entities, that you and mama are separate persons. I guess that's why you started to get extremely clingyy, by not allowing me to step out of your sight. Oh! Pardon me. You actually show your displeasure the moment I take ONE step away from you! Even when the toilet bowl is still within sight from our king sized bed, yeah...the one you took 1/2 possession of at nights...and stare at me from while I do my business.

With that, you also just brought new meanings to the term 'struggle to put food on the table'. Because mama has to stick you to my hips while I go prepare your dinner. Every night. And no, sticking to papa's hips does not work. 
 
This was how you let me make your dinner in peace last night - where you can still see me within inches and cling on to my calves.
 

And here's how you look like when you see me start to inch away. It usually breaks into louder displeasures.
 
Nonetheless, it still feel awesomeeeee to be your mama because I get to receive the best gifts for my efforts on this special day.
 
*Sighs in contentment*
 

So back to our little rendezvous last Friday.
At 8 month old, you have started eating semi solids.
So we let you have the bread from our table while we had our steaks and ribs from Tony Romas ;p we fed you the mashed too. It wasn't very salted but there were some specks of black peppers init which I thought you took on very well!

At the moment, you have not learnt the pincer grab, choosing only to see and attempt to grab BIG pieces of food. The bite sized pieces mama painstakingly pinched out for you went unnoticed until they were in my pincers, and that's when you will open your mouth very wide and follow the directions of my hands. Too cute to watch! :D
Oh! Look at you reaching out for that bread!! ^_^

Here's you celebrating Mother's Day at gong gong house. We didn't dare turn up at our parents house nowadays without you because papa and I have good feelings we aren't as welcomed unless we bring you along. -_-"

See? Everybody's focus is on you baby!
 
Life is just not about us anymore. Nor is it about the durian cake on the table!
Thank you for joining us and making our lives hectic.
Your presence this year is the greatest gift to our mothers on their Mother's Day! Even though they spent it feeding you and attending to you first before they had their dinner.
We all LOVE you baby!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails