Monday, April 02, 2012

Surprise!! (31.01.12)

Visited the GP for my recurring yeast problem and she was about to put me on a more elaborate smear test program but somehow my mummy-instinct prompted me find out if pregnancy would affect the smear.

Since it was Day#4 after my menstrual due date based on the previous 2 months' cycles - I have a non-existent habit of keeping track of my monthly dates, to the hubba's horror. Which also explains the time I had to go for a last minute progesterone jab on the day before my Manado dive trip because da yi ma had come to visit! Needless to say, with such a nonchalent attitude towards my own period cycle, all the ovulation/fertility period etc didnt seem to matter that much even after marriage since I pretty much wanted to leave it up to Him to bestow us with The Gift - hubba was of course knocked out of his chair when he learnt that too *heh*. Or perhaps, I hadnt become that eager beaver in creating a little life yet since we were JUST married. And also, at the young and tender age of 2+ (yes, haven hit the Big 3! yet), I believe in letting nature take its course...until of course, we get too old at trying.

So since I happen to have the past 2 month's menstrual records on hand, I just wanted to be sure. Although I have also had historical records of some delays previously, I just felt somewhat different of late. You know they say the thing about how pregnant mums just know they have a baby inside them? Happened to me now. I had actually felt it wayyy before missing the period during the last gym session and had done the less impactful exercises during that session.
I was told to pee into a bottle and wait for the results.
I didnt know what I was really signing up for when I asked for the test. Because the next moments were a wet and blimey one.
GOD gave us a gift!
I remember bursting into happy tears when the nurse gave me the news at the clinic and couldnt really talk because I was still in a state of happiness/shock/surprise over the unexpected result. We hadnt plan for this to come SO soon! The mean statistics of friends around me indicated that the lead-time required for such 'unplanned' pregnancies averages around 4 to 6 months post marriage. And to add on, we had the mentality of avoiding the big dragon chase and had been on an on-off prevention. We do sorta have a birth plan in place and that is to try to make one in April so we could have a baby dragon in the year 2013, thus skipping the competitive year altogether! Yes I know, we were looking at a very short window period but that was The Birth Plan hubba and I kind of agreed on. We didnt even tell anyone else about the plan because of the ridiculously short window period which was highly miss-able and we didnt want the undue stress upon us during then.

**By the way, just in case you havent already concluded, on-off prevention doesnt get you anywhere near your ideal birth plan if you have zilch idea of the fertility cycle.

SO the Big News really came unexpected and I cried, in joy.
I mean, disregarding the ridiculous Birth Plan that we had, I know getting a hit is not that easy. We have seen more people seeking the fertility help than those who got a hit in 4-6 months. We also know of people who tried for a coupla years....

I was still crying when I went in for my consultation. This got the doctor so worried about my intention to have a baby that she kept telling me every pregnancy is a miracle! On hindsight, I guess I havent updated her about my change in my marital status from when I last seen her in November. So from my being single in November, to my being 4+ week pregnant in Jan, it would have seem I really got myself into an unplanned pregnancy! :D

Little miracle was conceived in the same month of our wedding!!!! I keep telling N it must be his marathon-esque genes that were passed on to his little soldiers ^_^

Yes doctor! We are definitely keeping our little miracle!

There is not a single day I wake up now without thanking Him for His blessings :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails