Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Song

Drawing experience from raising my precious furkid where I had a song invented specially to sooth him to sleep since young, which works wonders every time we want to put him to bed even up till now, I had a serious discussion with the hubba last night. We need to find a song for our baby. Just like Murphy has his song.

Being the great musician that hubba is, he of course, had questioned my choice of tune for Murphy's Song. Claiming it was weird. Apparently the change of tune between verses is a little abnormal and is not common in professionally written pieces. He has never heard such tune change before. Being the non-musician that I am, of course I dont quite understand that technical bit but was quite defensive over MY song and thus claimed that I have my own unique song writing techniques which the pros out there probably have never experimented before. pfft!

But anyway, in order not to let baby inherit any potentially unacceptable music education from mummy that might ruin his/her future music upbringing, I decided to bring the matter up to the musically inclined daddy last night and let him take charge.

We had a serious chat while daddy was shatting on his throne, and I was right outside the bathroom disturbing his peaceful private time ;p 

Me, "Daddy, we need to find a song for baby. You know, like the Murphy song? Then next time when baby cry or fuss, we can just sing The Song to soothe baby."
Daddy, "Ok. National anthem lor."
Me, " -_-||| . Ok. But I am not going to do it in public. You can sing mari kita to your kid next time if he/she cries in public."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails