Thursday, May 05, 2011

::Nigelrene Loft::SCORPION vs CANCERIAN

Meanwhile, research has progressed from the balcony into the other areas of the house (YAY!!): namely the theme, colors and the living room layout. Now I am trying to figure out how to run the false ceiling/L-box over the odd-shaped perimeters of the ceiling above our combined living room and dining area, with special considerations for a ceiling fan and how to segregate the living from the dining area.

While googling for an overall concept, here are some of what appeals to the CANCERIAN.
Throughout the months of intermittent googling on the world wide web, I find myself drawn to a specific style type - one which is warm, spacious and as near to nature as possible. Each plant and each leaf in the background appealed to me, so I guess I ll have to start training up to have green fingers soon after xx years of no-touch with them ever since my cactus died. The CACTUS, the hardiest of hardy type of plant that apparently survives in the desert, died on me. But I assure myself that it was a PINK pasar malam cactus. So it could have been a inferior good.

In the meanwhile, while shopping for the gadget aspect of the home, N has introduced me to the digital door lock and the Samsung smart TV. It took me a while to accept his concept of having a door lock that uses a pin and/or tap card and/or fingerprints because I still belong to the old era of believing money should be kept in biscuit tins. Ok, that was exaggerating it a little, but you get the idea.

So while the cancerian has been busy googling about the aesthetics of Nigelrene Loft, the scorpion has been busy googling about the latest technologically advanced additions to it. It was only until I recently picked up the Home & Decor issue for Jan 2011, that I came across the horoscope to home building column and I realise that horoscope does play a part in home building too!!!

I am not quoting word for word but here s the gist of what it says:
CANCERIAN: Homely and loves warmth. Chooses earth, neutral and warm colors.
SCORPION: Loves to be at the edge of technology. Prefers to have up to date technological gadgets in the house.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails