Friday, March 25, 2011

Rationalisation

The irrational reason for the accomodation option with lesser sleep ^_^
Over at the garlic-y dinner, the friends couldnt fully comprehend the real reason for my option. I had more reasons for them. But they were academically trained in exactly the same way to know what is self-supporting bias. Haha!

I admit. I am a sucker for aesthetically pleasing views like that. 
(picture unedited and taken with Iphone)
Early morning back in Singapore.  

Pleasurable sights make you jubilant in dressing! Purple!

Pictures make great memories! Oh boy, the impromptu fun!

The overpowering garlic-y dinner we did that was so strong, it lasted till the following day. The garlic effects, that is. ewwww.. Pizza is to-die-for, really.
Garlic rice a bit too salty, but very very fragrant!
And because the stomach hasnt been tuned back to the Singaporean size, and I was earlier than the dates....GASP IN HORROR!
My MALE Australian collic told me I do soooo much better than most Asians in terms of food intake! O_O" **reminds self gown selection is in 2 months' time and photoshoot in another 2 months. And up till yesterday, I was still thinking of ways to trick the boyfriend into not hitting the gym** ;p

Our Parking Adventure in Melbourne
1P starts from 730am - 630pm on Sunday. So Cherrie said it was ok to park the car over the night till Sunday morning. Problem was, paid parking starts from freaking early 730am. The girl had a long work week. So I jumped up at 730am while she was snoozing and attempted to shift the car/settle the parking...

When I reached....all other cars that were parked around us were gone! Being brought up in our local culture, I automatically rationalised that to the fact that parking wardens must have either made their rounds during the nights or expected to come by soon.
And sending a noob who didnt understand a single parking terminology doesnt help. Being so early in the morning, there also wasnt a single soul around for me to ask...so I resorted to waking Cher up from her slumber *sheesh*

The coupla peekas below were snapped and whatsapped to her for directions on what I was supposed to do next.. O_o" (isnt technology wonderful??) 
Showed her the parking sign again..
this means 1 hour of parking only from 730am-630pm. But there was no parking machines nearby for me to pay..

I looked around and saw that parking lots in the middle lane each had one machine. So the instruction was to shift the car to one of those lots. But the machines werent the SAM machine looking kind that allows payment with credit cards..
*gulps*

"Cherrie, they look like this! How to operate? There is no button to press! And doesnt indicate HOW MUCH!"
The next instruction was to snap her the parking instruction for those lots.
This reads:
730am-730pm (Mon to Sat) - 1 hour parking chargeable by meter (the machines)
730am - 630pm (Sun) - 1 hour parking. Since there was no mention of the meter, it means parking is FREE! but for an hour only. It is really a more liberal kinda rule enforcement practised there :) 

So there I was. Decided to shifted our red hot Lancer to the middle lane since parking is explicitly mentioned FREE for 1 hour. And then someone else came by and parked beside me. He told me Sunday's free! ;p
We got back to check on the car at in the next hour to make sure it was alright. I ll just say the chargeable hour hasnt started...So we ll shall leave it as that.. ;p

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails