Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Opposites Attract

Our DIFFERENCE
Love is about learning and appreciating tiny details in life and accepting your differences. N is not the sweetest bf on earth. It took me a long time to teach him mannerism of a gentleman, O_o" and I am still not enjoying the fruit of my labour. Perhaps that flower never bloomed.

But if you learn to look beyond these more apparent loving acts like opening the car door, holding the door before it slams into your face, slowing down the pace knowing that you are trying to balance on a 3 inch stiletto while trying to avoid every crack on the wooden plank walk, and appreciate the more intrinsic acts of love, you will realise that HEY! life's not so bad after all!

I appreciate how he d always let me have the first bite of food, willingly trade his apparently yummier choice of food for mine, order my hot kopi on top of his ice cold canned drink - all these are little acts you tend to overlook in life. But the consistent pursue to be treated like a princess (that's for him to give you gentlemanly treatment) often clouds your judgement of your other half. I have (kinda) resigned to fate, though that doesnt mean I will stop grumbling (disclaimer first!!).. I guess men's partially the reason why women become grumpy and naggy. If only they would LEARN!

That aside, we realise that we do have alot of differences. But that just further shows how much we were made for each other.

About a month ago, N and I had a conversation over the financial/logistic planning of the wedding and the house. He drew out a very rough but sensible idea of the proposed timeline for each major purchases and gave me a very good speech in a very.....urm....marketing way. You know, like, we hope to conquer the Msia market by June with 30% of total sales and the Indonesian market by November with 60% of total sales kinda talk. I agreed with all that he said.

A month later, while doing up the budget planning for the whole wedding with our savings/earnings/available resources, I did a projected cash flow for each individual purchases (down to individual household item details), bearing in mind the payment terms (instalments, 50-50, completion) we would be given and the assets that would be maturing at different points in time. I quickly called him and told him about MY plan. And he asked me,

"Why are you repeating what I said to you a month ago????" 

Heh. I didnt realise I was actually parroting after him in MY own way. The accountancy-trained way... ;p

This is also the same man who has been allocated the childhood montage's job but who has cleverly 'subcontracted' it out to SG Bridals O_o" Now I think I should allocate him one of my to dos - bouquet or ang bow box or corsage!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails