Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Evolution

Baby steps into adulthood.
Before heading out for N's cuz's wedding dinner on Saturday. I was in my NEW pretty salmon dress with butterfly sleeves. But you dont do no camwhore when you have a baby in your hands. Come thing of it, I have never seen any camwhoring mothers! :p
 Went to see the littlest addition to the maternal family before that. These are awesomely cute rattling baby feet! I am officially a biao yi now! Forgot to take her pictures!

Even the parents are going on trips more often, cos we are all so big already...
Mummy made a pot of bah kut teh soup before she left with the dad. 
But I believe in a balanced diet...(that's positive influence from N, btw)
SO I whipped up a simple dish in the kitchen on Friday evening - Spicy black bean french beans with minced meat. Lee Kum Kee is really a god-sent!

And before I left the house on Sat for the wedding and for a sleepover at N's, made some Fried Rice - that should take my sisters through Sat's dinner and Sun's luncheon! Marinated the remaining minced meat for the sister to steam with tofu on Sun - you know, kids cant really cook. But steaming should be easy peasy la. I m kinda big on kitchen planning like these :)

-Home made pork loin charsiew-
It was a first attempt at Char Siew making. I toasted them instead of oven grilling them cos the oven is spoilt. Wonder if that's why the sauce didnt 'glue' on to the meat.. hmmm... must ask mummy later..

Stirfried the charsiew with the luncheon meat before frying the rice - they call it bao xiang ;) sounds very pro hor?  *wriggles eyebrows*  
Oops! And we forgot to take pictures of the end product!

And on Sunday, meetup with the jiemeis ended at 3ish. So, I had some more time to play in the kitchen for Sun's dinner after bathing the baby (Poor N was stuck at home the whole day!) I wish I had more time for everybody :(  

Had some luncheon meat leftover from fried rice on Sat, and mummy had 4 tiny potatos left in her kitchen inventory....
I decided to make one of my favorite caifan dishes! Stir fried luncheon meat with potato in Ketchup! Add in chilli for that extra taste!
And the veg - did it the post pregnancy style. Spinach in double boiled herbal soup. I dug out my mother's dried food collection in the fridge - Ginseng, hawthorn (? - the red color seeds), and 2 other sliced herbs that I dunno the name of but has to be good stuff la! Cos the price tag told me so.. hee

And over to the upbringing my own furkid, Murphy has been a really good boy! :)

-Homegrooming-
I know. I am cute, Mummy. But I really want to sleep already..zzz

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails