Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Lost Dog III

Pink and I went searching for The Dog late Friday night, around the same time that we usually sight him.

Armed with food and water, and this time round, without Murphy the lazy snoot in tow, we managed to tread on a lil bit faster.

No luck with the search. And I also didnt see him over the weekend.

I hope my prayers were secretly answered, and that he has met some other kind souls along his journey. No animals deserve to be treated like that.

The kind people from THEREHOMERS saw my pleas for help on a forum and kindly offered to put up a notice on their website.

Here is the POST.

I never knew such blog existed and I'm glad there is. If my humble blog can be of help in any way, please do click on this LINK whenever you are net surfing, as there are updates on their blog from time to time.

http://therehomers.blogspot.com/
http://therehomers.blogspot.com/
http://therehomers.blogspot.com/

Every day, there are dogs being lost, found or even put up for adoption. Therehomers serve as a common media for a bigger network of people to info share.  It gives these furballs a longer chance of survival. It is the alternative answer to SPCA, who might just send the furballs to the other side of the rainbow within 24 hours. But this shall be another story for another day. There is actually an administrator who checks out different forums for lost/found/adoption thread and put them up onto this blog.

For example, I sighted a lost dog and was quite helpless about how to search for its owner and adopters. The adminstrator contacted me and requested to place a post on their blog. With this common media, my pleas for help could be more widely publicised and who knows, maybe read by another kind soul behind the computer who happens to know the owner, or who happens to have an extra space at home to house him.

You could be one of them. Even a piece of information about a sighting can help an unfortunate owner find their beloved back.
http://therehomers.blogspot.com/

Please help if you can bring any of them home.
http://therehomers.blogspot.com/

I literally seethed in anger at a recent adoption post from a man, whose wife just got pregnant and claimed that there is now no one to take care of the dog. Like I said, they do not need alot from us. I am pretty sure the man doesnt have to attend to his pregnant wife 24/7, as she should be capable of taking care of herself independently. Pregnancy is not = inadequacy. And I am very sure some time management can be practised to care for both the dog AND the baby AND, if she needs, the wife. Giving up to another DOG LOVER is not a solution.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails