Monday, June 28, 2010

Family Bonding

Found this on the ground one evening while walking Murphy.. arent the wings pretty?
Iphone LOMO 

Boyfriend not in town. Sat's house party postponed.
Hence alot of family bonding this weekend :) Somehow in life, there are just too mannnnny people, tooooo many commitments!
 Littlest Siyuan is sooo big already!!

Have I mentioned I realllly love house parties? The very essence of being able to laze around sit down on the sofa and eat the delivery over some catchup just sound very desirable! If u are lucky and the host is a good cook, can fly to heaven already!!

A bottle of women's drink ;p Still have one more chucked away in storage with higher % alc content :) Sweet. My kind :)
We did Sat's luncheon in a very unhealthy manner! ARNOLD's CHICKEN!!

Screamsss FANTABULOUS! I find it better than KFC! They opened a new outlet in Hougang Green :) 
The to-die-for FRIED bunss :) Any fried bun is to die for anyway...I know how to make!!! The dad was craving for some chilli crabs and I told him I could go buy some to cook for him...PLUS make fried buns.

He told me not to waste the crabs... o_O"

Dear dear!!! You will eat my crabs even if they give your rashes right???!!! :):):)
OMG! The SKIN!!!! *drooling*
 Another to-die-for dish only in ARNOLDS. Their coleslaw is simply yummy! Better than KFC leh!
 
 Wolved down the coleslaw and the mash with the fried bun. *slurpzz*
 And the must-order potatossssss platter if u are a potato lover.

I felt really homey on Sat. So I decided to share my love around the house :)
Porkie shrooms pie on the menu!
Think I m innovative or what! I only know how to cook minced pork in ONE way. The hotplate tofu way ;p So with the same cooking style, I made the fillings and rolled them into a pie :)  the bottom piece looked abit charred cos I switched the oven to intense heat over the top halfway into baking. Switched back again and caused the whole house to get short circuited. Luckily the dad was at home...
Note to self, must learn how to handle the circuit board from the dad leh..
"Live and learn"

PS: I hung out my FIRST stick of bamboo pole during the parents' trip this time round. Very proud of self :) Cos I always visualise dropping the pole onto some poor chaps car down below ;p
 Side view of my Porkie shrooms pie :) also added in leaves of baby spinach (raw) and cheese (not enough. Must add more next time)
 Tweaked the recipe to the 3-egg spinach. Too bad no salted egg at home.. So I ll just have to continue experimenting till I get it right
 Braised pork (courtesy of mummy)

Since I m in a good mood (I just came back to the city!!), I shall share my favorite minced pork recipe here..But I think....perhaps only Shaoyu....will need this :) Dont think any of my friends cook leh...

Recipe for good minced pork
Ingredients
1 pack of S$2.50 minced pork from NTUC supermarket
5-6 pieces of mushrooms (chinese/can/japanese)
Some garlic
Some chilli padi

Mixture A (taste)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil

Mixture B (glue)
1 tbsp cornflour (or riceflour)
3 tbsp water

Steps
Stir fry some garlic till fragrant
Throw in the pork and stir fry till almost cooked
Throw in mushrooms and continue stir frying
Add in Mixture A and continue stirfry
Cut in your chilli padi
Slowly add in Mixture B until you achieve the desired goey-i-ness (dont have to add all)

There it is! The secret is in Mixture A! This pot of minced meat is awesome goodness! you can use it as a dish on its own, place it on ur hotplate toufu or even make it into a pie! Very versatile!! hahaha!

Do you even use the word on food? ;p

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails