Saturday, May 08, 2010

Perfect Partner

Meant to do Day Four of Seoul but couldnt post the pictures here...shall just do a wordy post that has been scrambling up towards my thoughts today...

Wedding bells are ringing again on Facebook! Sometimes I just heart these social sites that give me instantaneous updates about my friend's lives! We all are guilty of not catching up enough with each other nowadays, no??

The couple is none other than our blading khakis, Audrey & BG. They have gone a long way from internet friends to soul healing companionship mates to blading khakis to vespa khakis.....They have gone a reaaaaaallly looong way....

We all knew A was looking for tall, slim, handsome, sporty and all the good traits in a boyfriend ever since Uni days. Saw her through several correct men turned wrong. The 2 broken hearted souls were hanging around much. The idiom, ri jiu sheng qing, wasnt introduced for no apparent reason. And so the story goes.....and the fondness grew.....No doubt BG is a nice guy, he was no where near those traits tt A was looking for. Had it not been for *er hemz* N's encouragement! "If u never try, you will never know!" :):)

A story learnt. People often DO NOT end up with their ideal partner. Qualities and ideals are just objective measures. Good to have, but not necessary to abide by.

At the age of 21, all girls dream of marrying a handsome doctor or a lawyer. But as we age, we ll realise that there is a body clock that is ticking away. We dont stay as young, as desirable and we lose the bargaining power to ask for our ideals.

I am guilty of being in a somewhat choosy situation when I was 21. He was from the same Uni. Had a car (2nd hand. STILL, is a car). decent looking, abit on the fair side. I cant remember how tall... maybe not that tall since I cannot remember... but SIX years older than me!! At a tender age of 21, I perhaps wasnt ready for any romance. Much less with someone so old O_o Got to know each other at a block party. He ran out from the lounge one day to say Hi (and get HP number laa) when I popped over again to find my friend. But he never got the chance to take that inch towards my heart. Cos I secretly suspected he had an ulterior motive for getting close and hence cut off all calls and smssssssss from then and avoided that Hall ever since. Very cruel. Never even give people chance to make friends.

At 21, I dunno what I was thinking then. Perhaps, was the fact that he was sooo old. Perhaps was the fact that he was no where near my desirable hockey captain calibre and charisma. We just graduated from college then, and which college girl doesnt have a crush on that desirable public figure in the school???!!! ;p But then I was young :) and had fairytale ideals. Had I been a little bit older, things might have changed :p

Is a handsome face more desirable than his ability to provide?
Is his ability to provide in abundance (getting all the pradas/guccis/omegas/ferragamos/bottegas etc etc) more important than tender loving care towards you and showering concerns over you?
Does height really matter??? you can ditch that heel.
Does weight really matter? He ll get FAT after marriage anyway (mine got fat even before marriage...o_O :p)
Does being sporty matter? Unless u are a keen sports enthusiast yourself n dont mind engaging in the same smelly activity during your pak tor days.

Food for thought...

Anyway, A & BG is the perfect example to show how the idealistic chase ended up failing and how ideals could change.

For my single lady friends, forget those ideals. the Mr Right may just be out there if you allow someone the chance to inch closer to your heart. For my single gentlemen friends, if you never try, you will never know!! Go make your feelings known!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails