Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Travelling alone

I always thought hotel rooms were scary until I had to travel on my own. Asked around those who had to travel and sleep alone how they conquered their fears. Even so, I felt like bursting into little girl's tears when I 1st boarded the plane by myself, wishing with everything that either my dear or my ma was with me. But I was already a grown up, and grown ups dont make a scene at the airport ^_^

I never dared to close the bathroom door. The furthest I went is the shower curtains.

I ll sleep in the centre of the bed. Sprawled like a starfish, with the blankets. Never liked to back face nothingness. It used to be the same at home when I was little. I d put a bolster behind my back if I sleep sideways. N said it was rude cos I always back face him as well :p

I ll keep the light furthest from me on. Usually it's the bathroom/lobby lights. Never liked to zzz in darkness in a foreign room. I used to keep MOST lights on.

I ll check all nooks and corners of a room before I settle down. For anything....surprising!? toilets, cupboards, drawers... and hopefully the bed goes all the way to the ground (have u read some of the Singapore horror stories by Russell Lee? I think I read too much of his crap..) :p

People do grow up and adapt to their environment. I m glad I ve adapted to the hotel environment :) Will be on my own for 3 days in Palaceland before my prince come find me :)

Now I just need to get that direction sense right so I could make my way back to the hotel :p Shouldnt be too difficult. Right? :p (streetsmartness is quite difficult to change leh...)

Random Amusement
Q: What is the opposite of cock (the male chicken)
A (from a 9 year old): Cheebye

*OMG freaking funny!!!*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails