Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fiscal Policy (how it works)

When I passed by the NEL yesterday evening to take my daily commute home, an almost translucent ad pasted on the doors of the platform caught my attention. It became clearer when the train arrived and the lights from it shone through the ad.


The "Distance-based fare" has been finalised!
What it means: poor commuters like yours truely will need to top up our ez-link cards less frequently and will see a 2.5% decrease in train and bus fares! wooohoo~!! I thought I could have some super savings to fund that Palaceland trip this month and that Notre Dame trip next month!! On closer look.....


....


.......



.....

with effect from 3 July!!!!

wells..new policies always take time to come into effect anyway...I guess I ll become richer if I wait patiently for another FOUR months.

And then today on the Yahoo!headlines, this title caught my attention.
"ERP Rates at 6 gantries to be revised from 3 May"

What it means: Slightly better off poor people with vroom vroom like yours truely's boyfriend will need to incur morrrrrre ERPs. almost IMMEDIATELY.

I think I can stop daydreaming about that non-existent super savings now. o_O

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails