Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DO YOU KNOW?

What are these??

that hairy brown egg... o_O

the verrry black egg.. o_O"

I know they are some kind of preserved egg and even got into some sticky situation with one of them some years ago. Well, live and learn! not everything is taught in schoool!

I learned how to differentiate the above TODAY! :)

Was the domestic chef (and driver) for the sick man today :X So I was tasked to whip up luncheon and what a better chance to experiment the ohhlaaalaaa spinach w century egg and salted egg tt I always order in dian xiao er :) I had worked out the menu in my head ever since I tasted that dish!
Anyway, back to my cooking adventure, I actually saw e 2 alien-looking eggs at N's house and I called up the mother to ask for an identification of a century egg. She told me it was hairy.
Turned out that hairy brown thingy up there is the century egg. It's cooked! So u just have to wash the hairy stuff clean n crack it open like a normal egg. The dark black thingy is the salted egg. It's HALF cooked?!! The yolk is hard but the white is liquid! I am still verry amazed :)

Down at the grocery shop, picked up a bunch of vegetables tt looked like spinach. Never seen the uncooked ones ;p (Live & learn #1). And I asked the lady what tt hairy brown thing and the dark black thing was, just to be sure yknow. (Live & learn #2)


AND!! tadah!! this is the dish I ve been processing in my thoughts all these while! But taste is still not correct yet :( *rated 7/10*

Some other stuff I whipped up today..

Hotplate tofu *rated 9/10!*
Mince pork & potato stew *rated 8.75/10*

All ratings are made independently from the food taster. Independence
credibility assured cos he criticized and STILL harps on that inedible kangkong from last year...
The most marvelous thing??
The above were peeled, chopped, cut while I had my day-old freshly painted nails :X Lucky they are still intact. Different color!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails