Monday, January 11, 2010

Sharing our New Chapters in Life

Shared a heart to heart chat over a new chapter of our lives with a friend over a Friday dinner and chillax @ Ion.

Allow me to digress, Lu Gang Xiao Zhen @ Ion serves damn nice si ji dou fried with salted egg! All the quest for yummer restaurants in Ion finally got me something fruitful.

Previous Balithai and the nice smelling Jappo restaurant right beside were a disappointment and an ok only.

We exchanged several personal and business details.. and of cos, our favourite foods. It's always good to meet food connoisseurs who indulge much joy in savoury foods and who are selfless enough to share those hunts with me. While I, the easily satisfied foodie who s just happy eating her Barcook Bakery bread, aint contribute much to the food sharing joy. Though I tried.. :)

I was tasked to name a food stall/dish tt gives me the "OHHHLALA" feeling and I couldnt really think of any on the spot!

Well now that I spent the entire weekend pondering over it, here are some favorite hawker hunts tt give me a "OHHHLALA" feeling everytime I sink teeth into them, and certainly deserve to be mentioned.

1. Jurong West Blk 4xx (Cant remember the exact address) - for the extreeeeemely good stingray. And the KangKong! Chilli is damn good. (credits to N)
2. Ulu Pandan Rong Guang - for the crayfish and ornee! (credits to N)
3. Bukit Purmei - for the Lor Mee served with loads of crispy crunchy fish! forgot the block but easily identifiable by the queue! (Credits to an ex client of DTT, lunchmates and I found this tiny stall by chance and it's forever loves from then!)
4. Chilli fish - okay, I forgot the hawker name for this place (shall update when N finishes protecting the country this week!) (credits to N)
5. Sin Ma Seafood along Geylang - for the Salted egg crab and mango fish! most things are yummers there! (Credits to deloittees and ex deloittees who brought me there for a farewell dinner)
6. Yishun Ave 2 canteen along the road - for the cheap and yummy Thai food! Fishes are deep fried to crisp and at S$15 only! sauce is yummy and almost everything they have is cheap and good! (credits to an ex client situated right beside this wonderful canteen)

the list goes on la... but I cant think of them all at once.. And I really love to share food joy with friends... :) Do let me know ur reviews if u do go there yeah?


As for the new chapters in our lives, Friday night really left both of us with much to ponder about...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails