Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Our story - how we really met

Whenever people ask me how I met my boyfriend, my default answer is always 'blading'. It's really true how the sport created the opportunities for us to hang out together, understand each other better and to *er hemz* let him have the chance to woo me ;p though he likes to tell people that it is the other way round. But, you guys know the story :) cos i m telling it first :)

My default answer came about due to a recency effect theory whereby the mind remembers the most recent events tt happen - Given a list of items to remember, we will tend to remember the last few things more than those things in the middle. We also tend to assume that items at the end of the list are of greater importance or significance.

A good analogy is if u played very good golf all your life and hence got a lot of sponsorship loves from famous brands and had a lot of ardent fans, everything becomes history the moment ur sex scandal with some flirty girls make it to the tabloids. People now remember u as the good shooter on bed no matter how good u are on the greens.
So we blade at ECP often and intensively enough after our 1st encounter with each other, blading seemed like the perfect answer to the question.
But how we really met was *ok this is very cliche and boring* through a friend! :) And perhaps to make it a little less boring, we also met through a song! :)

I think the original intention of our friend, Elwyn, was to introduce his then single friend-cum-neighbor, N, to some girls. The 3 of us (below) who were hanging out quite a bit with Elwyn since those Uni days naturally became his targets. But I think the intended recipient wasn't really me cos I wasnt the 1st to meet Nigel. Or maybe it's just tt I wasnt free on those occassions that they decided to go out.

Well anyway, spare the details and I cant remember. Thing is, N has been hearing alot about me from them. And I have also been hearing about him from them too.

Soon, it was Elwyn's birthday. And the good friend, N, decided to be a nice chap to burn him a CD. This was going to be the most unique CD and the bestest birthday present ever! Cos we, the 3 of us (below), were going to sing him his favorite song. And N was going to be the pianist.

So N gathered us at the music shop tt he was working in then to do the recording. That was how we reallly 1st met. The 1st time he got to see the legendary Shwu. And I m not going to say this the other way round cos I still think N had an ulterior motive for gathering the ladies to cut the album for Elwyn. 3 years into our relationship, I have never seen him organise a birthday gathering, buy a birthday gift, send a birthday card or sms to Elwyn ever again. And I dont think he even remembers when is his birthday. If u hadnt already read, let me remind u tt they are neighbours too!

So now u see how scheming N was in trying to meet his legendary lady? ;p I think he must have stalked me on my friendster or something during those days before we even met...

So, we cut an album. It was hilariously lousy but I dont mind sharing it on this space if I know how to add an MP3 here.. :( was just listening to it yesterday and found myself laughing to it..

Anyway, here is the album cover tt N painstakingly printed and cut out from the pictures he took on the birthday picnic celeb. I tell u, this N bought a new Olympus for our dive trips and his camera doesnt even get to see light unless we are on dive trips. But he brought his camera along during the fort canning picnic..

Since the CD could only be ready after the picnic, we passed Elwyn the surprise birthday gift LIVE. N brought his Taylor baby and was our guitarist for the day. The CD was burned much later after he got my.. i mean our pictures.
I was in a baking streak then, so made some chocolate truffles with little colorful chocodrops as decor. We played around with the decors and created our own names on the truffles..
Twas for Elwyn, the birthday boy, before i headed out of home.

Ours..
And a little pic the 2 of us took.. N was on contact lenses that day. No specs to hide those beautiful puppy eyes... have I already mention tt I have a fetish for puppy eyes?? :p
But I m not that shallow la! If there were any feelings tt developed, it wasnt developed there and then after I saw those puppy eyes hor!
The pic above serves those eyes no good justice... see??? puppy eyes..
and since he loves to complain tt his girlfriend doesnt belong to him... she belongs to the dog... see what else makes me melt into poops and puddles... yet.another.puppy eyes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails