Friday, July 10, 2009

the law of demand and supply

Just 2 days ago, Jetstar flashed a huge advert on the straits times on CHEAP AIRFARES!

And I made a mental note to myself to check out the rates after I am done with the papers. but as usual, scooby-dooed brain me forgot to check out after I was done with my daily morning read.

So yesterday, while I was reading the straits times again, the advert caught my eye. I checked out the fare prices and saw the BEST deal of S$20, 2 way, tax inclusive air tic to BKK!!! Top up S$30 more to get an additional 20kg luggage space! and flying end of this month!

But half an hour later, the price increased to S$200 ish, 2 way, EXCLUDES tax!!!

I busied myself the whole morning finding the next best slots (checked through the prices for ALL weekends of July and August) and coordinating time and budget availabilities of the 2 person whom I know could respond and decide fast to my impromptu date!

we were really racing against time as the price changed within the timeframe of filling up the purchase particulars!

T'was a crazy morning but the efforts were fruitful. :) however, we will have to wait till end Aug for the trip..

So sorry to those whom I did not manage to ask as I wanted a verrrrry fast response and only 2 names came up to mind when I had to make tt hasty booking :)

it was all initiated, decided and purchased within the 2 hours of yesterday morning..

I checked the airfares again this morning for those of you who may be intereested to go but it had jet up to S$363 nett for the same flights...tts how the market reacts to reach an equilibrium. I did not expect it to actively equilibrate itself so fast!!

if u dont mind paying that + share a room with us (or we can get another room), go get your tics ok?!!! :) if not, we will lug back some goodies for you :)

LOVE. HASTY. IMPROMPTU. CLICK OF MY FINGERS.CRAZY DECISIONS.
LOVE.CRAZY PARTNERS IN CRIME.EVEN MORE.
LOVE.SHOPPING.CHEAP DEALS.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails