Friday, February 25, 2005

Interesting Facts of Life

yesterday was the most terrrible-est day for me...had 4 hrs of sleep (430am-830am), and it was off to NTU AGAIN, I gotto stress that it's again cos its the-dunno-how-many-times I ve made my way to school in this mid-term break..call it a break?? helllloo???!!

there, the 5 of us racked our brains doing TRANSLATION for MINOR COMPANY (fictitious one la.. presentation nex week...)

I came to ONE conclusion:
AUDITING ISN'T MY CUP OF TEA!!!

die...how ll i survive the days from 5 Sept 2005 onwards??? the date marks the beginning of working life for me...
and to think that I had actually decided to give AUDIT a 3-yr probation period...come to think of it...this is kinda long...doesn't help that I've met some ppl recently who are at their 3rd job (within 1 yr +) already...
ok..i ll revise this time period ltr on...

or maybe i WON'T..cos it will only prove some ppl right if I do tt...someone has been telling me audit isn for me... for this..I ll cling on...AND PROVE tt PERSON wrong!!

enuff of digression.. n back to today's topic!!
doing a MEDIA project and came across MANY interest theories and facts...juz dying to SHARE some to u all...

up first, bring u back to memory lane... rem the milk advert (4gt the brand)..bt it narrates "New Zealand got 4 million cows....gen SING-JIA-PO de HUMANS yi yang duo"...
and I ve juz learnt that NewZealand had as many HUMANS as the COWS...HAHAHAhahah
I mean...isn this WEIRD??? that u hav EQUAL number of COWS n HUMAN????? hahahaha

up next..here are some colloquial names given to television:

telly (UK)
the box (UK)
the tube
boob tube
glass teat
cultural barbiturate
"opium of the masses" (see
Marx)
goggle box
the
cyclops
idiot box
die Kiste, die Glotze (Germany)
kijkbuis (The Netherlands)
telkku, telkkari, töllö (Finland)
electronic babysitter


now...back to my FYP... =)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SERENE!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails