Wednesday, December 18, 2013

::COOKING:: Salted Egg Yolk French Beans

2nd attempt at this dish after the failed attempt several years ago.
This time round I googled for a recipe before actually embarking on my little kitchen adventure :)
Was sooo excited putting everything together that I denied N access to my kitchen (to help out)because this, was MY RECIPE that was going to succeed.
I must say we nailed the taste and the chemistry between the foods this time round. Previously, I didn't know how to 'stick' the egg yolk to the French bean ;p
 
It was good to have it as the calorie buster to our simple (and healthy) macaroni soup on a weeknight. Sometimes I really wonder how the other working mums without live in help do it. Hopefully practice makes perfect and we can have more home-cooked meals soon!
 
Ingredients:
French beans, 1 packet
Cooked salted egg yolk, 2 eggs, mashed
Garlic
Sugar
Oil, 2-3 tbsp
Curry leaves
Chilli
 
Method:
1. Heat oil in wok
2. Sautee Garlic, curry leaves and chilli (I didn't add the last 2 this time round)
3. Add in the salted egg yolk and fry until creamy
4. Add in the French beans and fry until soft
5. Sprinkle sugar and stir to combine
6. SERVE!

And watch your calories! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails