Wednesday, August 22, 2012

::PREGNANCY:: Fashionidisastar


DON'T judge a waddling woman with a shoe misfit. 
These days, I found feet solace in the most comfortable shoe I have had all along.
My Adi fluid trainers.

The feet has grown from size 36 to size 38 in prettyfit and gripz - the only 2 places I found decently padded undersoles in a pretty pair of flats. 
The first 2 pairs were covered and soon gave me a bad toenail crack.
Just as I have given up searching for a good shoe, I found my 3rd pair which fit all criteria - pretty with a blingz ribbon, decent rubber soles, comfy pig skin and peep toe. 
I have been wearing it for 3 months now and I thought it would last me till the end of this whale-ling journey. Sadly, it started to give me a swollen feet lately due to the restriction of blood flow from the snug fit. 

It wouldn't make sense to start the whole shoe hunt again since I know how hard it is to find something decent plus I technically only have 3 more weeks to go till full term. PLUS the feet really don't fancy WALKING now as it aches and tires easily. Shopping is definitely out of the question. Potentially fruitless shopping is definitely not going to happen. 

I sadly thought I was going to turn up on the streets in my crocs.
I actually weighed this decision very carefully - the cons of going on a shoe shopping trip on my tired feet that is going to be potentially fruitless vs the cons of being seen in non-casual wear and in the CBD in the big head purple crocs till I birth. Neither appealed more than the other. 
I thought of just putting up with the daily swell since it actually de-swells if you give it a good rub during the night. 

But last week, since we had an exercise session at the antenatal class, which got me really excited about getting pumped up again, I started to put together the gears for my first 'gym' session in monthssss. Sadly, the gym tops I used to wear now ride high on my belly.

Something like this


Hmm.. the 'beauty' of pregnancy is a bit misleading here, maybe something like this is more reflective of the reality. heh!
Although the cuteness is overstated here too...

I resorted to wearing the man's shapeless Tshirt and my maternity shorts for the workout.
How sexy.
For the shoes, I was just being hopeful that I could still fit into my only pair of trainers. 
I dug it out from the shoe cabinet and VIOLA! Despite the 2 size upgrade in my pretty shoes, the trainers still fit!!! :D:D

So here I am, a happy trotter in my Adi trainers!
DO NOT JUDGE ME AH.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails