Tuesday, August 14, 2012

::PREGNANCY:: Early Labor

::NEWS FLASH LAST WEEK::
The arrival of SS and YN's baby girl at 33 weeks.
JH and Reb's 1yo baby girl was also born at the 32 weeks. 

Since we were all in a group chat on whatsapp sharing conversations about baby stuffs, the announcement and the shocking reveal by JH made N&I panic a little about the arrival of our precious little prince. 

We are at the 33-week mark now. 
And have only attended ONE pre-natal course so far - about nutrition (which is most beneficial to those in their 1st trimester of preg, not ppl like me who is in the last tri ;p)
The classes for contractions, labor pains, childbirth, breastfeeding and bathing are all scheduled in the next 5 weeks!

Will we be graced with enough time to finish all basic labor identification, delivery, lactation and baby-handling skills before the arrival of our little prince?

So just last night, I experienced some recurring contractions at 230AM. 
I finally understood what my gynae meant by "Stomach hardening". Previously when she warned me to track any "stomach hardening" during my 24th week, I didnt quite understand her, because my stomach is as hard as it is every moment now. Hey! I am carrying a baby inside my pouch, not a muffin belly ok! So my stomach is quite hard and it gets harder after a meal because of all the organs bursting for a space inside. So we left the clinic that day with the take-away word for the day - "Stomach hardening", without really knowing what it meant. 

And last night, I finally experienced "stomach hardening". Recurring "stomach hardening".
So I whipped out my iPhone and frantically googled for help, at 230AM, while the world was in slumber. The husband was also in a DEEP slumber but I didnt want to wake him up in case of false alarm. And I needed him to wake up fresh so he could get us both three to the hospital if it was really a true labor. 

I used the Contractions app to monitor the duration and frequency of my contractions.

After 1/2 hour of monitoring and getting some non-conclusive results (based on what I learnt from Google), I got up and packed my hospital bag. Just in case.

I went back to bed at 3ish and found little fella hicupping frantically inside. 
He gave some kicks and judging from the position of his legs, I think he has shifted during the contractions. So I continued monitoring his movements and got ready to monitor the rest of the contractions while thinking to myself that I will have to take leave in the morning.
But my contractions went away. 
And I drifted back to sleep.

All these while, thanks to our wonderful Serta bed that can absorb all bed movements, my dear husband did not even realise that I jumped in and out of bed at least 3 times and tossed and turned and flipped and kicked my pillows/blankets/bolster while trying to have a better feel of the contraction cycles.  

But he did dream that we were both on leave this morning because of the baby. 
Scary how my thoughts could translate into his dreams!

By the way, this story doesn't have a dramatic ending. YET.
I woke up this morning, as pregnant as ever!
But I am going to get everything ready by this week!
Just in case!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails