Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Year of the Water Dragon!

So the question of the year for us was
"When are you guys going to have a baby?"
Barely 2 months after our wedding, and having at least a cute little toddler or a preggy in each house we visited, what are the chances of aunties pointing their darts towards you? Apparently still quite high. o_O"  

So 2 months into marriage, I think we are still tackling the harder questions in life.
That of living together trying not to kill each other with the different habits at home.
We have no problem having the toilet seat up or down, no problem with squeezing the toothpaste from top or bottom. Our major problem - different expectations of cleanliness. That, is a daily bicker topic hubs and I share in our lovenest. About a month or so ago, I had to hold my breath, overcome my fear of sticking a toilet brush into the toilet bowl (and thereafter taking it out again = YUCK) to do the chore of scrubbing off the yellow stains that the hubs had pushed far long enough for me to continue bearing the sight of and nagging at. I mean, I dont want to grow into a naggy old woman :( So I overcame my psychological fear and went ahead to do it. But I did remember to whine and complain after performing the arduous task of scrubbing the toilet bowl :(

And just yesterday, I threw away a 2-week old unused pail of water that the man had lovingly prepared and proudly exclaimed "I already prepared the water for mopping the floor! I will mop tonight after we send Murphy home!" - major scorepoint on the wife's scoreboard especially since he had also just vacuumed the floor....fast forward to the same night that we came back from sending Murphy home and then to 2 weeks later, the pail of water was left UNTOUCHED :x
Lesson learnt: dont count your chickens before they are hatched.

So yeah. We are still fighting a cleanliness battle at home, trying to accomodate to each other's habits. So as for the baby question, we tried to give those adults a satisfactory answer = signs that we are trying. So we gave positive replies like:
Soon. Next year. We ll try. Smile. Look at each other, "hor?"

And as to whether are we ready to accomodate a little one in our lives, I guess we ll have to come to terms with each other first and answer to that later!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails