Thursday, August 11, 2011

Indoor shoot

 We didnt really fancy an indoor shoot and wanted to just go all out for an outdoor one with the the nature, the birds and the trees. We were even contemplating one with the fishes but the technical resources werent that readily available - the best we found was a snorkel shoot but N didnt quite like the photo finishing from said studio. We wanted to wedding photos to be as real-life as possible without looking too poseur-ish. I even wanted a trishaw shot because that was a daily ride in part of my childhood!

Posing in front of some made-up background of chandeliers/colored canvases on some kind of victorian sofa/stools while staring dreamily at something placed at a 45 degree angle to the camera just didnt appeal to me. I think I can still live with made up backgrounds and the fancy chairs of sorts.. It actually is the 45 degree imaginery object in the studio that gets to me. O_o" Even if the photo is supposed to depict the level of love the couple has - Oh we are soooo in love, we can stare dreamily in the same direction because we are blissfully drowned in L.O.V.E. *sigh* Seriously there has to be a better way to portray LOVE! What's there to see that is 45 degree to your right inside a studio huh? Not like there could be a bird or a rainbow or a dolphin right? 

So we all along just wanted to go for the candid options of an outdoor shoot. But N really wanted to don on an oriental suit, and me, a fairytale suit. We actually just wanted to jump into one each for a quick shot before setting off to the beach for our outdoor shoot. But the studio offered us another Saturday for an indoor shoot :) yay! to another day of looking fabulous in my long eye lashes. huh huh. So we were in the studio 1 week before the shoot to choose the gowns! That's how efficient  ;) 

Since we already had the desired styles in mind, it didnt take long to sieve out what I want - after stepping in and out of about 10 gowns in the chingchong and dreamy styles, I picked out 2 favorites!
Some of the photos I secretly snapped in my 30 sec alone time in the dressing room for each dress before I call out for help with the zippers ;p

In the CHING CHONG style 

In the DREAMY style 
Scheduling 2 photoshoots within a week from each other + not born with the natural talent of posing = Super tired and I think we did succumb to the photographer's calling to look 45 degrees to our right without putting up a fight. OMG! But that's like the simplest and most idiot proof pose! whahaha! So I guess I better eat my words right now in case I end up selecting some of those very superficial photos for our wedding album! Heh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails