Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Down Under Updates

Much was spent on the adminstrations to getting our keys before the trip. READ: complain. It worked. So we have something to smile about 2 days before my adventure Down Under. That brings something to celebrate for me during tonight's celeb dinner for a promotion for one, and engagement for another. :) Took a last minute half day on Fri to settle the admin - to be backed by evidence of my presence there so I do not have to deduct my leave! YAY! to my HR! :) Family planning and commitments come FIRST in here and I am glad for that :)

Many first times this trip round. I felt like I was on a HOLIDAY!

Firstly, the accomodation! The view is TO. DIE. FOR! I let go of a hotel stay nearer work place (hence, less zzzz time) for a view like this. Twas well worth it!
Touched down on Sunday afternoon and the weather was beautiful. I was waiting for Cher to come home from office :X She made it back. And we had some daylight left to enjoy the rooftop view.

(pictures are all from Iphone 3gs and non edited. What you see is what you get)

This is where people pay to see fireworks on NYE! Tenants get 6 tics admission!

We had a chillout cum life catchup at the balcony with a cuppa, some Ben&Jerrys and with some rockin' Ipod music blasting off the phone..
SCREAM AWESOME already!!

And wake up to THIS VIEW!! Right from where I was snuggling.
awwwwweeesome much

Hence, I decided to take up her accom offer for the rest of the week and took the train to work instead. Hotel's already been paid for. No refunds. Scrimping on my transport would be the least I could do to atone for my last minute selfish decision to indulge in the greatest pleasure of a stay! heh. So, no taxis. But it was really great to be able to commute to work the normal australian way :) heh

Did a Chinese dinner...
Still cant let go of chinese roots la... ;) But you tiao there tastes a tad bit weird..

Drove for the first time in foreign land! Read: 5 HOURS straight, nonstop drive down the Great Ocean (super windy - in both aspects) Road to the city. In the pitch dark mountain roads! Cher did the uphill and we caught the sunset at The Twelve Apostles. Felt verrrrry accomplished.

Twas also a last minute decision to do the Great Ocean Drive cos I wasnt so sure about staying behind the wheels in a foreign land, some more up the mountains. And it would be physically and mentally tiring for Cher to do 5 + 5 hours on the road. *faints* But all the picturesque photos I saw on the internet got a bit tempting, and I caved in. Verdict: No pain, no gain.

Did parallel parking along the busy streets too, aka main roads! Not personal carpark spaces where u do it you own sweet time k! There were oncoming traffics! No big deal to some, but was my first at parallel, anyway. And it was a difficult parallel! So let me bask in my own prideful glory!
*beems*

This me with our super awesome ride that vibrated at 120km/hr. -_-" We travelled 900km with it! within the 2 days!

Dinner with a long lost mate and his cute brother!
So I learnt how to eat CLAMS *cringe nose*

My first lemon lime BITTER. Wonder how it tastes like?
Not as weird as it sounds! Its real yummeh! Go try it! :)

Oh! And I did my first dragon boat paddling too! :)

Many first attempts, and some are here to stay.
For one, I will never push another clam away!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails