Friday, October 29, 2010

Manado - The Exotics

N finally posted up his photos on FB, so I went to steal them. I have accepted that there is a different culture beyond our lands and the definition of cruelty is also different.

So presenting a grotesque sight we saw in the butchery scene of Tamahon Market in Manado. We actually went there for the very same reason.  

dog meat
dog awaiting slaughter
bat meat

Curiousity didnt pull back those tears.
I swear I will never eat a dog this lifetime because Murphy will stop befriending me...
He will look sad like that the whole day...
And worse, I cannot go and kiss kiss hug hug him when he look uberly cute like that.

:(

But most importantly, I think it is plain cruel because dogs have feelings. They understand human and bond with human.

When I left Murphy with The Pet Nanny for 3 days last year, he refused food for that 3 days because he was sad. Sad that I had left him alone in a foreign place; sad because he thought I don't want him anymore. For the 3 days, he just grabbed on to my worn T-shirt that I left for him (so he could still smell me) and looked sad every day.

When I left him with N downstairs last week and went back home to grab something I forgot to take for our little family outing, his stare followed me while I walked away. N could neither get him to budge, nor succeed in feeding his favorite cheese stick snack. He was sad because I walked away without him.

Those dogs in the cage were expressing helplessness to and whining at us when we were near. On a more thankful note, they were totally unlike the nonchalent pecking chickens!  So, *Whew!* lucky I dont have to go vegetarian yet!

It's TGIF!
And I got tickets to the 933 awards later! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so ignorant, try to tell an Indian you eat beef or a muslim you eat pork and you will be not just cruel but even unfaithful.
Dogs have sentiments like every other animal which human beings convert to be a pet, my mum used to have a chicken as a pet in her earlier days in the countryside and she cannot eat chicken meat because chickens have sentiments. Never heard about the sad eyesight of a cow? And maybe you are one of those still eating shark's fin soup... So pls don't bullshit us! Enjoy more your life with your boyfriend and waste less time by writing this cliche' things on your blog

Anonymous said...

Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author: are you scared to know you're saying bullocks?

verglas said...

Ya. You tell me that when I live in a multi-ethnic society whereby my Indian and Muslim friends have no qualms with me stuffing beef and pork on the same dining table as them.

I am just stating FACTS and my PERSONAL humble opinion on cruelty of eating dogs. And I dont see which part of it is bull****

Do you think I really care about what you eat or what your mum doesnt?

Dont tell me what I need to do about my life. I dont hide behind the screen to express angst at people's diaries anonymously and I certainly know how to get a life!

Related Posts with Thumbnails