Friday, July 02, 2010

TGIF - Babiess!

The momsie and the dadsie been back for almost 2 weeks now! ALL is well! I dont go to work with that nagging feeling of leaving Murphy alone at home..

This brat has been spoilt by all of us...most adult dogs only take ONE meal a day. Puppies TWO meals (max). But given his greedy nature, and with my mom at home most of the time, he makes use of his cutsie puppy tactics that no one can resist and earn himself a fruit/vege lunch every day. :D

He would follow my mom up and down the house whenever she is about to make lunch. If the kitchen door is closed, he would sit patiently outside to wait. Sometimes, my mom slides the door open a little for him and he would poke his tiny face near the gap to sniff the air and watch her cook. ^_^

So mom would coooooo and baby talk him, and then proceed to make mummum for him despite my initial protest against feeding him lunch o_O i also caved in eventually la...So there! we have a spoilt little brat to feed at home!

For a 2+ year dog, Murphy sure has the stomach of a puppy. He would puke when we feed him 1/2 hour late from his normal meal times. I have cleaned up his greenish bile pukes at least 10 times! Sometimes, from that tiny lapse (of about 5 min) from my decision to put on my makeup first or even getting the hair washed first, I would walk out to find him lying flat among his surrounding puke.

So I serve him FIRST before self every morning.... z.z

Thus when the parents decided to leave town for 12 days, I almost freaked out!!! :(

The youngest sis was having attachment in Jurong Island. The younger sis was doing some parttime work at the airport (shift work). And I was based in the far west that 2 weeks. The bad PIE/CTE jams were a major hindrance preventing us from getting home on time.

So the idea of having an automatic pet feeder suddenly popped up in mind.

BUT I tell u, Singapore has the worst collection of pet feeders! And the lousiest pet welfare society ever!

Not only was a pet feeder extremely difficult to find, I scouted from the big brand centre to the WHOLE farmway stretch (BOTH 1 and 2) and I only found TWO kinds of pet feeder on the market, the available feeder brought in by the suppliers were mechanically disappointing.

Let's look at one below:

The Automatic 4 Feeds
Cost around S$80.

This feeder operates by a non-digital timer. You set an interval of 8, 12 or 24 hours and a mechanism in the feeder will be triggered to rotate the cover till it exposes a section with food. I eyed the box suspiciously. That means if I want to feed Murphy at 7pm, I had to set it at either 7am, 11am or 7pm the night before?!

The food portion also looked tooooo tiny for my growing boy's HUGEASS appetite!

To further market his (one of the two) triumphant product, the sales person went on to elaborate how after a certain time lapse, the cover will rotate again to automatically close up the exposed portion (so the dog wouldnt linger around it or so it wouldnt attract flies).

I was shocked beyond disbelief! What an unintelligent invention!! What if my Murphy was feeding halfway and the time's up, the cover rotates and KIAP his nose????!!!!!

WTF?!

My other alternative was a product that cost slightly more, around S$130. There is no picture from the net cos the huge brand centre's website is down at the moment. But this one's better. It operates on a digital timer, meaning u can set the feed time like an alarm clock at any time of the day and not restricted to the 8/12/24 hour interval O_o" YAY!

The feeding style was better cos the drum holding the food up will rotate and the food dispenses downwards into a detachable tray. So I dont risk KIAPPING my Murphy's tiny nose. YAY YAY!

There was even a voice recorder for me to record a few seconds of words to attract Murphy's attention to the food tray! YAY YAY YAY!

Even though the make of the whole thing was very koyak (flimsy, lousy), I was all ready to buy this mini investment for my most beloved in the name of feeding him ON TIME!

But then, I was still very disturbed by the make....seriously... even though I knew it was my ONLY option. Because the whole damn thing looked like the kind of prototype that school children would make for their science project. If you are thinking a Philip electronic blender, please discount your visualisations by 100 times! It IS THAT SUCKY

So I had a deciding question. If this was an electronic product, there would at least be a warranty on the motor right?! There WASN'T!! The best he could manage was a feeble answer of how he would do his best to talk to the supplier if I return with a flaw within 7 days!!! Ok! I absolutely hate sales talks like these! Could absolutely tell how UN-genuine it sounded lor! Bet another S$130 bucks he wouldnt even bother about my broken down feeder if I return lor!

So in the end, I DID not buy.

And I also couldnt ship one in from Amazon.com in time.

When I went to the Farmway for intense shopping over the weekend, I was lucky enough to meet a kind girl who spoke to me for 15 mins. She owns/works in a pet shop but has never seen anyone using a pet feeder. The ONLY one she has ever seen is a DIY using the old school video recorder!!!

My hopes fell 11 stories down to the floor. I thanked her profusely and told her I was no engineer. :( The only decent scientific invention I ever made was a shabbily made light bulb game in secondary school. And it was made by twisting some metal wires in a roller coaster way with one end soldered/wired scotchtaped to a battery that was hidden inside a masking-taped styrofoam box. A metallic hoop was made for running through the roller coaster wire. This hoop was soldered/wired scotchtaped to the other end of the battery. So the aim was to run the hoop through the end without touching the roller coaster (and thus creating a closed circuit) and lighting up the lightbulb.

...

I guess that's predominantly why I didnt go into an engineering school ;p

BUT! Triumphant is I! We survived the TWELVE days without the parents!!! :D Managed to feed Murphy on time everyday! :D

So now that they are back, we are starting to get a life after work!!! :) YIPPEEE YAY!!! I got a date tonight to meet V and her chubbily CUTE baby!!! The last time I saw her baby was...when she was still inside the mother's womb! :D Blame it all on laziness, fateless, school, work, commitments....

BUT how do I resist making an attempt to meet a baby who looks like this:
Super CUTE to the max right?!

How to resist meeting the most adorable baby whose mother dress up in the MOST RIDICULOUS way:


Or how to resist meeting a baby whose idea of SMILE is this:
Smile Hazel!
SMILE!!!
SIBEI cute lor!!! SIBEI is a hokkien word to show the intensity of the adjective after it. On a scale of 1 to 10, SIBEI is on the highest end after very, super, super duper, extremely etc...

BUT! I realised that I am actually carrying a bit of flu germs on me :( I mean, I do sneeze and blow my nose on a day to day basis due to my rhinitis. So most people wouldnt be able to tell if I am actually sick. The signs are almost the same. But this time round, I really AM down with flu. So although I feel perfectly 'normal' blowing my nose half the time...I suddenly realised that I am actually SICK and shouldnt attempt to pass my germs to the baby..

:(:(:(

So hazel, yiyi will visit you another day ok?! Maybe by then, you are not a baby anymore! :(

Somehow to cheer me up...I still have my beloved Murphy to kiss, hug and cuddle when I get home tonight :D

So happy is I again!

Tonight can go pak tor cos daddy can help me feed Murphy!!!

TGIF!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails