Thursday, July 15, 2010

Go Indian!

We decided to be adventurous on Monday, I suggested we go Indian.

Trust me. We know Singapore is a food heaven because of its multi-ethnicity, but how many of us actually know what is Indian food? To me, Indian food has always been prata (assorted flavours), teh tarik, rojak and nasi bryani. Nothing beyond that. Even my Japanese friends know more indian dishes than me..

So we made the right choice by doing a North Indian dinner on Monday.

We missed an exit on the ECP and so switched venue to The Playground. YAY! They offer an Indian buffet! 2 years ago, N met the owner of this restaurant somewhere and he asked why Singaporeans love buffets?! Guess it must have hit him to start a buffet trend from then :p 

Something to tentalise your taste buds first...
My God! This cracker is super ooooiiisssshhii!! Better than the cracker on Nasi Bryani! :):) Crispier and more flavourful!

There were even 2 kinds of dips for the crackers!
This greenish one is abit sourish...
Paired with this reddish (cranberry) one that is sweetish!
The 2 go well together and you dont get ji lad (sick) of the dips.

Stove set up, all ready for our Indian meat stick grills 
Assortment of grills - Chicken (2 types), fish (verrry fresh!), shrooms, potatos.
FREE FLOW
Personally, I find the spices in most Indian food too strong and flavourful for my liking. I would prefer the fried chicken in a Bryani, anytime.

Buffet spread - My 1st plate of food.
You can see I was quite skeptical! :p But the rice/potato/veg thingy in the middle is actually verrrrry nice! Not overly generous with the spices, hence taste more normal - Me likey! The goo puddle on the right is the yoghurt thing that I always see Indians eat with their rice in Lao Par Sat - I guess it is what balachan is to the chinese :p

Almost hyperventilated in my tracks at the buffet table!!!
Rice in sweetened milk!!!!
OMG! My childhood anorexic hate for everything but sweet food conjoured into fantasy of cooking rice with milo, candies and Dutch Lady condense milk just transformed into a real life dish in front of me!

Thus proves the fact that I was all along cut out to be a kitchen goddess someday.. :p:p I was 5-6 yrs old when I thought of that recipe!!

Assortment of curries - Fish, chicken, cheese.
You MUST TRY the CHEESE one! It was the only curry I helped myself to that night :)
Naan (Not on buffet spread) - assorted flavours!! (Butter, garlic, plain and 2 more which I couldnt catch from their Indian accent)
Can order FREE FLOW from the alacarte menu!
Also had a "Sex on the Beach" cocktail which made me frown/laugh at the bf's idea of humour:

Waiter: Any drinks for u sir?
N: I'll have Sex on the Beach
Waiter: How about you ma'am?
*before I could speak*
N: She'll be having it with me!
Me: O_o

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails