Monday, October 12, 2009

Old and Grown up

Being away from home alone really forces you to grow up. Sometimes, when the circumstances put you to it, you have no choice but to learn how to do it. We live in a comfortable and sheltered setting all our lives. Sometimes it is not because we don’t know how to do it, rather it is more of our cultivated dependency on others which subconsciously makes us think that there’s someone else who can do it.

I had to kill those roaches that were crawling into my room, kill the big flying ant that was resting so comfortably on my bed last night. I bought Bygon though. And I actually Bygon-ned my bed last night :) when I said learning to grow up, I din mean anything more courageous than using the Bygon or the mosquito repellent to spray those crawlies till they curl up. Still, it is an achievement already. :)

Roamed the streets of Kuching alone yesterday. Spent a lot of me-time. Quarreled with the cab driver over a RM2 difference in cab fare over my reserve price. I know. RM2 is not a lot and not worth arguing for. I just couldn’t stand those cheater bugs who are all out to KA foreigners like me. It’s the principle. I gave him that extra RM2 in the end and slammed the door GODAMNN hard, praying the glass doesn’t shatter on the spot. The softy and scare-dy cat in me should have asked him to take it or leave it, and then I risk running into a crook driver who lays ambush while I do my shopping and probably beat me up when I take the quiet lanes back to the hotel. Imagination. N always says I watch too much junk on TV.

Contrary to all the horror stories that the pig and dog friends have been scaring us (Elaine and me) with, I sleep well at nights. Except for Saturday cos I had a caffeine drink too many during the day. At least I tried the kopitiam kopi that the internet was talking about. :)

Bought sooo many many things I don’t know how this flying job is going to sustain the shopping. Luckily I don’t have to fly that often. :) so eager to post the purchases online but din bring the data wire over. I resorted to mms-ing the purchases cos I was soo excited to show the recipients what I bought for them :) I hope MMS isn’t that expensive here.

Meanwhile N is in Beijing now and he is seeing a lot of fake Iphones everywhere! I hope he can get one for me to play with :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails