Tuesday, July 28, 2009

i think things are settling into my life bit by bit now. I m beginning to enjoy the work and the 9 to 5 routine.. and have started introducing a walk-murphy and an exercise regime into the daily lifestyle :)

Was talking to an ex-collic who is still THERE this morning who informed me about her search status. Someone texted me yesterday noon to ask me what I usu bring to interviews... Somehow, things are made more transparent to you when you become an outsider :). But i know I am obliged to keep mum about so-and-so's interviews, so-and-so's search etc etc..

Talking to this ex-collic this morning made me feel that I am indeed v v blessed. I really must say, those days of prayers worked! As cliche as it may sound and as much as I hate to admit, I really thank HIM for the job. I guess going Sunday services with N really opened me up a little to other faiths. I used to find it silly when people thank HIM for their jobs. What happened to "Fate lies in your own hands???"

Although I would soooo verrrry much like to attribute my own success to my good command of chinese language (HEY! I translated a whole chinese article during my interview!), my net worth of 4-yr experience and okay school results, and maybe the set of acceptable interview skills i brot into the room with me... I still think I needed that chance and luck to be finally shortlisted by both the immediate boss and the big boss. I needed that spiritual faith to keep me going while I waited for a reply and I just prayed and prayed...

and I got the phone call! :)

It doesnt hurt to know that I have actually been job searchin since end of 2006 and have been to a coupla of failed interviews.. I din seek the spiritual faith then. and they nv called me back...

I witnessed this wonder of blessings in one of my tertiary term. One day, a fren texted me during the study period and told me he d pray for me for the exams.

Guess what?!

That was the only semester I scored almost straight As!! :)

I feel : BLESSED!!

And I am thankful! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails