Sunday, June 08, 2008

Diving Halt

The plans for the trips and gadgets for the year have been put to a halt because...

I just blew S$3k away from my piggy bank!!!!

Here is what cost me the bomb,

Baby Roxie lying inside his bag..


here s me and him. See how tiny he is?
His humble little house.. The cage alone costs 300++ bucks! Plus the lucky boy gets his own bed and soft toy to accompany him to sleep..
here s a close up of the bed and the little blue toy which i painstakingly chose.. chose a blue one for the boy....
Roxie with butt in the bed and head on the pee pan... he s learnt to pee on the pee pan!! :)

So this little one cost me a whopping S$3k, ALL IN A DAY!! ok.. make it two days!

After a run and blade session on Saturday, N came over to my house to rest... just as I was lying on my bed and woke up from the nap at 530pm, i mumbled .. "how nice would it be if i had a dog to reach up to my bed on his front paws and wake me up...."

And N went... "ok....lets go to Simei for dinner and look at dogs okay???" (he s been bringing me to the pet safari in Vivo but everytime i was tempted to buy one, i remember mummy's warning.. :(

And so on the fateful saturday evening... we went for a good Jap dinner and popped by the Pet safari to LOOK AT doggies.... I could only LOOK at and ADMIRE doggies because mummy DOESNT allow us to keep dogs.. She is even afraid of them...

There, we were just lookin at the glass panes and N was chatting to the owner. The next thing I know, the owner brought him out for me to carry. And the next thing that happened, i looked at N with supposed puppy dog eyes to ask if I could bring him home.... So he did not give me a positive answer. Neither did he give a negative one either.

And the Next Next thing i know, I was forking out 200 bucks as deposit, and then i was making some rounds in the shop to gather the necessities for the new addition to our house. The man told me they d make deliveries some time mid week, and i could collect him on Friday so tt he could spend the weekend with me. But we were too excited already and N s car seems big enuff to house those purchasesss. So we lugged home mannnnnnnny packs of purchases on Sat night, and N, Pinky & I spent the whole night setting up his home as well as to clear a cupboard space for his thingsssss....

Once space was cleared and home set up, it was already 2+ am in the morning when i got to bed excitedly, knowing that i ll be bringing the boy home on Sunday :) :)

After badminton with the pros, brought Xian along to collect him. We ve been thinking of a name for the boy for the whole night and the whole morning. we even contemplated on VOLVO because a VOLVO blocked N s car this noon and he could not drive out..

But VOLVO doesn seem like a good name.. we had some fun trying to think of a name for the boy before we decided on ROXIE during lunch, right before we stepped into Pet Safari to collect him.

Name choosing is reallllly tough!!! So i ll remember to jot down some good names in my little note book the next time :)

We spent the other half of today watchin him in playing and settling himself in his home.. and found him peeing on the pee pan.

He s now asleep and will wake up in another 2 hours... shall get some work done and play with him later : ) : )

Now my dive comp and snorkel will have to wait.......what unexpected outcome... haha!

Cant just quit without a job now cos i have an extra commitment @ home..

LOVING ROXIE TO BITS

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails