Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nursing @ Home

I am nursing the weak body at home monday, yesterday and today.

All after the super late nights which lightened and weakened the body for the past months. It came after the 7 hour long pool session I had on Sunday to test my water confidence and to perform some drills before our actual hit in the open waters.

All the diving lessons had to be squeezed last weekend as the trip is only 2 weeks away. So I had to slog and slug till the wee morning on Friday. Almost. 5AM.

Before I hit the sacks, messaged N to tell him NOT to wake me up with ANY morning calls as I d sure be grouchy if anyone does that. So he sweetly drove to me house to nudge me up at 1130am (or so) so that I could go for my theory lesson @ the west.

And so, sat was spent on half the theory lesson and sun, on the FULL day pool lesson. And i fell sick ^_^

Was panting heavily after my FIRST lap.. i tell u... it was an embarassing moment.. I was resting and the other end of the pool to catch a breather before i do my 2nd lap but the instructor shouted across the pool to ask me to swim back o_o

And so, being the good student I was, I swam back. Midway, as I was approaching the deep end of the 2m pool, i suddenly felt afraid.. afraid that my energy will not sustain me through the swim and if I sink, I ll drown in the 2m deep waters. So fear-gripped, I flipped over to do a back stroke, only to realise that I have never swam straight in a back stroke before and chances were that I was swimming towards another end of the pool. And so, I flipped back, and the same psychological fear hit me again. So it went like this, I flipped back and front around 3 times and started to struggle a bit. The instructor dived in and brought me the the edge of the pool.

I tell you...it was the most embarassing moment. i was never rescued from the pool before. neither do i have a problem with swimming. i think i just have that psychological fear when my toes cannot touch the ground of the pool and knowing tt i can savely stand up if anything happens. that is why I have never swam at deep pools before.

Throughout the drills, I just stood up whenever possible to catch a breather thru the nose as i am also not accustomed to breathing thru the month..

Tonight's another lesson at the pool to compensate for the last drill I missed on Sun and to build up my water confidence...

wish me best. i want to see fishes..

mummy just brought in a BOWL of fruits to make up for tt nutrient deficiency..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails