Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fruit Flan Cheesecake - 12 June 2007

Today's creation was THIS!!!! (see below)

But of course, being my first attempt at this kinda cake, the turnout wasn't so pro. That was a pic from the bake book I borrowed from the library..
a brief intro to the cake:
Bottom Layer - sponge cake
Middle Layer - Cheese cake
Third layer - topped with as mannnny fruits as you like and covered with Konnyaku (being the Lychee fanatic that I am, I chose Lychee as one of the fruit toppings and Lychee flavored Konnyaku. The latter being the reason why my cake was a flop.. :( , and I shall talk more abt it later) Let's start the happier beginning of my cheesey adventure today..
To start off.... a BRAND NEW CORNNELL electric whisk!! :) got it last saturday while i was at the Giants at tampines doing shopping for my picnic-cum-survival camp stuffs.. proceeded to the Courts beside it and saw the whisk beckonning to me :) so there it is! I got a whisk! :) putting it to work... that's my sponge cake layer..
the cheesecake layer... Baking is so WONDERFULOUSLYGREAT when u dun hav to do all the dirty work. Some new kitchen bake tools I have in mind as I watch the whisk do the whisking for me - 1) a mini fan that can attach to the baking tins so tt my bakes can cool faster without me having to fan it 2) a dishwasher. U can nv imagine the piles of dishesssssssssssss u have after a bake..grr
mini fruit flan with 3 layers, till the fruit layer
This pic is diff from the previous as it has a Lychee Konnyaku layer. But due to the transparent color, I guess u cant see it :)

The tin off, and (I think u aso cant see) the Konnyaku kindof toppled and dripped over the sides... owing to its heavy weight (compared to the bottom layers), it resulted in a wobbly cake which collapsed when it was cut.. :(

silly ole me got sooo excited over getting a LYCHEE ( words cant express how deep my affection to this fruit flavor is. It is juz the flavor I d go for in martinis, vodkas, packet drinks, jellies etc etc... u see the affection??) so, i was saying, i got soooo bloody excited over the Konnyaky flavor tt i misinterpreted the recipe. mayb not misinterpret. I could comprehend it pretty well.. I guess the lychee klutz worked its effects on me..

recipe read:

1 tbsp Konnyaku powder

40 g sugar

500 ml water

As my bake tin is uberly small, I had halved the proportion. and i smartly proclaimed "HEY! since my Konnyaku powder is alr flavoured, means noneed to add anymore sugar!! "Kudos my darling LYCHEE konnyaku flavor. and i proceeded to add 1/2 a tbsp of the powder to 250ml of water. U c why tt what went wrong recipe by nw??? I only realised after i poured in the konnyaku jelly over my cake :( :( :(

stil had some powder and lychee fruits left.. so i made some more Lychee Konnyaku with my candy maker moulds... I had sun, moon, star, pacifier, ducky, moo moo, chu chu train jellys :) tt made the day a bit happier...

my alphabet blocks jelly....

and then, it was off to the ECP for a marathon...

Joggometer:

Distance: 5-6 km (Fort road to BK, and back)

Time: 50- 60 min

=== you can do better===

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails